Discover Australia’s Top Five Hair Replacement and Hair Loss Solutions.
Many may come and go, but here are five of the most trusted and popular hair replacement treatments and solutions that Australians love.
1. Scalp Micropigmentation. A bit of a new kid on the list. Scalp Micropigmentation, or SMP, is a relatively new hair loss solution. It was developed in the UK, then spread to Europe and America and has been building in Australia in the last few years.
Scalp Micropigmentation, or SMP, or Hair Tattoo is essentially a very skilled technique where a fine needle and specialised pigments are used to create the appearance of stubble to fill in any thinning areas of a clients head, or is many cases, to completely reconstruct the hairline, crown and blend seamlessly with the existing hair, to give the appearance of a full head of hair.
2. Hair Pieces. Women have been rocking state of the art weaves and peices for DECADES and the quality of mens hair pieces has finally caught up! We’re not talking about Grand Pas old toupee anymore! There are now an incredible choice available to guys to suit their budgets and lifestyles.
My advice to someone who wants full, awesome hair without surgery, and enjoys a bit of pampering and maintenance, is to see a specialist who can show you the options. I’d recommend a semi permanent fully adhered, ultra thin piece that will stay attached for upto a month and will last for almost half a year. They’re a few hundred dollars but the technology and quality used to creat ethem is amazing and well worth the effort.
3. Hair Loss Medications.
Finasteride, Procpecia, Rogaine, Regain, Minoxodil - there are so many! These come in pill form and also in topical lotions. Ive never used the pills but I certainly used the topical lotions and didn't really see any growth so I gave them up, but they are still very popular. There are some side effects, such as loss of sex drive and the internet is plagued of horror stories of bad reactions, but again, there are some great success stories out there too. Best advice, see your GP before taking any kind of medication like this.
4. Hair Transplant Surgery. Traditionally Hair Transplant Surgery was done by the surgeon making one or two large incisions at the back of the clients scalp, then the strip of scalp with hair follicles was removed, then sliced up into smaller sections or “plugs” and then surgically placed in the areas of the scalp where the client was experiencing hair loss. More recently Hair Transplant Surgery has tiled a skill called FUE or Follicle Unit Extraction, where individual follicles are removed and transplanted as individual units.
Iv e got some clients and friends who have suffered terribly from failed hair transplant surgery, and others who have been very successful and rave about it. My advice? See a lot of doctors (not just their sales consultants) and ask many, many questions.
5. PRP. PRP is the abbreviation of a medical procedure known as Platelet Rich Plasma. PRP Platelet Rich Plasma is sourced from your blood supply. PRP for Hair Loss is a powerful and natural hair loss treatment that does not require daily pills or chemical lotions or foams. By creating a controlled injury on the scalp (skin) during a PRP for Hair Loss Treatment, this will signal the body to send PLATELETS and PLASMA to the area, to repair the injured cells. Adding additional PRP increases the amount of repairing cells (platelets) and nutrients (plasma) in the hair loss region. This exposes the skin cells and the hair follicles to large amounts of healing platelets and nutrient rich plasma.
Ok, so what does all of this mean? You give blood (eeeeek) then this is thinned and treated, then your scalp is “softened” (again, eeeeeek) with a devise that tenderises and opens the skin, then the PRP is injected into different areas of the scalp to promote hew hair growth and encourage existing follicles to keep growing. it’s not for everyone but it’s growing in Australia as a hair loss treatment and solution.
There you have it! The top five Hair Replacement and Hair Loss Solutions. If you want to discuss your hair loss options, give me a call on 0498 988 13
1. my clinic offers a few of these treatments and I can give you the lowdown on other treatments that I don't offer to ensure you get the best solution for you.